The Assistant Manager supports the Studio Manager in maintaining the day-to-day operations of the studio and the overall experience for clients, as well as supervising the team, and ensuring multiple departments run smoothly. This role assists in ensuring all the pieces are accounted for and connected, and also works in partnership with other managers as well as the corporate team, to ensure consistency and targets are met. The Assistant Manager provides support towards local community and corporate marketing for the studio. Our ideal candidate will possess exceptional customer service and communication skills, thrive in a team-oriented environment and have an infectious passion (even obsession – we get it!) for fitness.
Sales and Retail Management
- Drive class attendance and satisfaction goals in studio, to assist in hitting attendance goals and targets monthly.
- Work with retail department daily and lead direct selling to clients in studio in service of weekly/monthly goals. Work with merchandising team to keep all displays updated.
- Liaise with Community Marketing team on cultivating new clients and opportunities specific to the neighborhood and demographic of the studio.
- Support Leadership Team to assist with implementing marketing strategies.
- Analyse attendance at the studio and region level weekly, and bring any insights and suggestions to the Management, Marketing, or Curriculum team.
- Supervise front desk employees engaging in product and retail sales, customer service needs, inventory, and other special projects.
- Assist front desk employees with difficult or complicated transactions.
- Manage and assign employees to any special projects that arise.
- Assist scheduling manager as needed with coordinating facility schedules to maximise usage and efficiency.
- Support management and P&C team with any relevant employee issues and partner with them to resolve.
- Support management and P&C team on any unmet staffing needs, and help interview candidates.
- Assist with training new front desk employees.
Customer Experience Management
- Provide exceptional customer service, and be the best of the Barry’s brand, in greeting and assisting clients, responding to inquiries, and resolving any complaints.
- Work with the other management members on any difficult client needs or issues.
- Assist clients with their class schedules in studio, and across studios if needed.
- Assist with any private or special events happening at the studio.
- Manage and maintain a list of best clients and retail clients in the studio.
- Support the communication of any studio maintenance or construction needs interfering with client experience to Management and help oversee proper and prompt fixing.
- Support studio accounting needs, including recording daily petty cash flow, and preparing bank deposits.
- Assist with inventory stock and reorder of inventory when it drops to a specified level.
Local Marketing Management
- Support community marketing efforts for management approval.
- Support the execution of approved marketing efforts
- Support / manage the Studio Social Media accounts, platforms and activities.
- Support the management and oversight of all special events, including pop-ups and outside-of-studio events.
- Book charity classes.
- Assist in planning and marketing two (2) themed classes monthly.
- Observe attendance trends to develop classes and analyse the results of theme classes and overall attendance.
- Support implementation of national campaigns & tools locally.
- Responsible preparing and supporting Studio Staff and instructors for marketing activities.
- Responsible for coaching studio managers in solving studio marketing issues and executing studio-level promotions.
- Create local event calendar and determine Barry’s level of involvement in any community events across your local area.
- Support Studio special events and theme classes (decorate; promote).
- Support the execution of business driving and community-building studio-level promotions.
- Email communications for local events/specials/news etc.
- Support Studio Manager identify, book, gift influencers and VIPs.
- Assist in tracking and maintaining relationships.
- Identify potential partnerships with influencers and VIPs under the direction of Senior Management and Communications Agency/s.
- Maintain record of all gifted items and classes.
Social Media Community Management
- Concept local Facebook social media storylines incorporating Instructors, current retail collection and relevant cultural conversation.
- Support Studio Manager to ensure that social media duties are being executed to standard.
- Assist in creation and distribution of local Instructor social media kits for monthly postings.
- Support use of local Facebook for both business driving and community posts and monitor page, gathering content from your Studio and Community.
- Organise occasional Snapchat and Instagram takeovers spotlighting the studios and Instructors on National social media handles.
Community Partnerships Management
- Identify potential partners for Studio social activities.
- Support the planning and execution of Studio social activities.
- Track contact information of community partners and relationships.
- Identify engagements or opportunities in-market to establish Barry’s as a leader in the fitness industry i.e. conferences, panels, workshops or brand summits under the direction of senior management.
- Identify lifestyle partnership opportunities to further establish Barry’s as a premium lifestyle brand under the direction of senior management..
- Screen and process inbound charity requests for donations for senior management consideration & approval.
- Identify and tier community partners (restaurants, residential buildings, hotels, shared work spaces, universities/schools, etc) in the area for outreach.
- Support the organisation and execution of community days with corporate and community partners.
- Contribute to national social media for events.
- Document in-studio events via photos, videos, etc.
- Support the gathering of studio-specific social content.
- Support the monitoring of local Yelp page/ answering questions and concerns.
- Identify potential corporate groups for studio utilisation / class attendance.
- Follow up with corporate groups and maintain local relationship.
- Continue to leverage studio/ client contacts to identify and develop relationships.
- Facilitate ‘Studio buy-outs’ as applicable.
- Assist in creation of monthly reports highlighting efforts and analysing new and existing partnerships.
The ‘must have’ list:
- 1+ years experience in a team leader or supervisory role
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry legal rules and guidelines
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with Google for Work Suite and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in problem solving and able to work proactively within a team environment to meet established business and role objectives.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Positive outlook and attitude
- Belief that outstanding customer service is the key to success
- Passion for health and fitness
- Willingness to undertake personal and professional development.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and indicate the position you are applying for to: [email protected]