We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is the studio leader accountable for the crucial intersection of client experience, and community building. In supporting the General Manager (GM) the AGM is second in command. They have a tremendous impact on: driving client acquisition, conversion, retention and achieving the KPI’s, providing the best in class customer service experience for our clients, supporting talent acquisition & development activities, and operations, while demonstrating Barry's core values. The AGM is responsible for ensuring alignment with and consistent execution of Barry’s hospitality standards. It is an expectation of the AGM to effectively and strategically execute national campaigns and initiatives while driving community engagement and budget, and facilitate in-studio campaigns and events. This role requires the ability to lead alongside a team. Manage teams while maintaining and thriving in a fast-paced, people-filled setting.
The ability to consistently and reliably perform the following duties is essential and necessary to accomplish the central purposes and requirements of this position:
- Works collaboratively with Barry’s Operations leadership team to foster and preserve the corporate mission, vision, and values
- Maintain a 40 hour per week working presence in studio, showcasing best of brand skills while there
- Lead the studio team in knowledge and motivation to drive class, fuel bar and retail sales that exceed all studio goals and targets
- Serve as the leader on duty, overseeing seamless class check-ins, opening and closing the studio in accordance with all policies and procedures, and overseeing studio staff on duty
- Partner with the GM to analyze key business performance indicators (paid attendance, first timers, utilization, conversion, and labor) and bring any insights or suggestions to regional leadership on a weekly and monthly basis
- Participate in monthly studio business unit meetings, reviewing P&L and opportunities to drive incremental business performance
- Support the GM to conduct regular brand audits of all studio spaces and manage projects to ensure facilities are clean and updated, working with local and corporate leadership on quick execution of facilities initiatives and repairs
- Provide operational support to the GM as required by business need, assisting with studio accounting, timecards, inventory, ordering, and scheduling needs
- Foster the creation of a supportive and inclusive environment to ensure a positive, and engaging experience for all team members and clients
- Assist the GM in hiring, coaching, onboarding and developing a service-minded and high performing team; while creating a talent bench
- Supervise studio team members on shift, aiding with, as well as coaching and mentoring to deliver on the client experience
- Drive teamwork, collaboration, and cohesion among all studio staff to consistently, efficiently, and effectively meet day-today operational needs
- Support a performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement and goal achievement
- Work alongside team members in all departments to provide hands-on coaching, training, and development
- Operate autonomously in the spirit of the Barry’s code of conduct in the absence of the GM adhering to all P&C policies, procedures and guidelines
- Partner with GM to oversee the implementation and execution of all hospitality processes, ensuring all team members have been consistently trained and their skills are continuously developed
- Train and provide ongoing development to team members in service of ensuring a consistent client experience and upholding our mission, vision, values, and hospitality standards
- Oversee milestone, loyalty, and surprise and delight program implementation and execution in studio, celebrating special events with regularity, in accordance with guidelines to drive community and retention
- Manage studio systems:
- Ensure all client matters are properly and swiftly resolved or escalated, and ensure consistent and adequate follow through to all client inquiries
Community Marketing and Business Development
- Drive business through clienteling, sourcing new customers, and fostering ongoing productive relationships with customers
- Build and foster strong, meaningful relationships with the studio team and client community, proactively identifying opportunities to show recognition or gratitude, enhance engagement, and/or address conflicts
- Partner with the GM and marketing leadership to localize and implement national campaigns and initiatives
- Oversee and report on the impact of the community-building budget
- 1-3 years of fitness management or relevant related experience (hospitality, retail, food/beverage, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Availability for full-time work during non-traditional hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to train, lead, motivate, and delegate to a team of employees.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with different personality types as well as other departments, vendors, and clients.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with an eye for customer satisfaction.
- Proven dependability and reliability.
- Friendly, outgoing personality and can-do, optimistic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and behavior at all times.
- Enthusiasm for the Barry’s brand.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun. Our fitness classes alternate between working out with weights and running on a treadmill. Each day focuses on a different muscle group in order to achieve real results and to prevent injuries. Our program is designed to tone muscle and maximize fat loss, while spiking the metabolism for up to 48 hours following the class.
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.
The annual salary for this position is between $60,000-$65,000, depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate. Additional compensation is offered through the the Company’s quarterly incentive plan.
Subject to your meeting the requirements for eligibility and participation under each program, you will be eligible to participate in Barry’s comprehensive benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance, and; life and AD&D insurance
The salary and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.