We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, citizenship or immigration status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
The Live Studio Operations Manager will have broad oversight of Barry’s Digital Production Studio in NY. They will be responsible for day-to-day maintenance and management of Barry’s local digital facilities, personnel, and technology. Importantly, they will serve as the primary interface between Barry’s national Digital Talent, Strategy, Technology, and Production teams, while also working to deliver exceptional customer service to users of Barry’s Digital Products. A successful candidate in the role is passionate about health, wellness, and hospitality; loves to lead alongside a team; thrives in a fast-paced setting; has experience working with talent; and is skilled with technology.
- Manage live studio facilities and associated infrastructure, ensuring all spaces and technical equipment are well maintained and operational.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Barry's technical operations, requirements, and architecture, and work to troubleshoot any issues.
- Coordinate between local talent and Barry's Production, Programming, and People leadership teams to ensure seamless day-to-day operations.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Production to ensure livestreams are consistent and delivered on time.
- Deliver a turnkey experience for on-camera talent and provide support to talent prior to, during, and after filming.
- Appear on-camera in live studio classes to welcome Barry’s clients and provide exceptional customer service throughout their digital experience, working to troubleshoot any technical issues and answer any questions regarding Barry’s offerings.
- Manage camera and audio presets through the recording of classes, reacting swiftly to situational needs.
- Operate equipment as needed to deliver livestreams.
- Liaise with IT support and any relevant third parties to promptly address any technical issues
- Train, manage, and develop a team of junior/part time staff, providing support to improve their skills and grow their responsibilities over time.
- Provide continuous feedback to Production leadership on efficiencies or improvements to enhance livestream offerings and quality.
- Manage schedules to ensure the studio is adequately staffed at all times.
Company Culture Responsibilities
- Work to uphold Barry’s community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily.
- Represent the Barry’s brand within the region and the local fitness community.
- Bachelor’s degree in media, communications, entertainment, or a relevant field, or the equivalent in work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working as part of a creative team or in a production environment.
- 1-3 years of experience managing individuals, with a proven ability to coach, train, and motivate employees.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of comfort appearing on-camera.
- Strong knowledge of MacOS.
- Basic knowledge of cameras, microphones, and production workflows.
- Strong delegation, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the proven ability to work independently and effectively.
- Positive, proactive, and highly-motivated attitude with the proven ability to exercise excellent judgment.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
- Minimum age of 18 years.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun. Our fitness classes alternate between working out with weights and running on a treadmill. Each day focuses on a different muscle group in order to achieve real results and to prevent injuries. Our program is designed to tone muscle and maximize fat loss, while spiking the metabolism for up to 48 hours following the class.
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.
The salary for this position is between $60,000-$65,000, depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
Subject to your meeting the requirements for eligibility and participation under each program, you will be eligible to participate in Barry’s comprehensive benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance, and; life and AD&D insurance
The compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.