POSITION: Desker / Fueler
DEPARTMENT: Front of House
RESPONSIBLE TO: Studio Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: Zero Hour - Weekend requirement on Saturday and Sunday
BARRY’S - The Best Workout in the World
Barry's is the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that's as effective as it is fun! Our mission and our goal is very simple. To ensure that our clients experience is the best part of their day. Our family look to inspire, motivate, support and most importantly build a community who share the same vision of health, fitness and wellbeing.
Here at Barry’s, we practice what we preach. We are a community dedicated to working (out) hard and having fun. We love a challenge, and spend every day continuing to innovate.
Mission accepted? Join the HUSTLE.
- Ensuring each client receives a warm welcome and bringing the Barrys vision to life through our values.
- Maintaining high energy & retaining a positive atmosphere at all times.
- Deliver first class hospitality to clients at all times by greeting, assisting, and checking in clients; responding to enquiries in-person, on the phone, and via e-mail; and working quickly and efficiently in the company’s business management software to register clients, process payments, and maintain database information up to date
- Operate the fuel bar, making pre and post Barry’s class shakes for clients
- Client relation building by getting to know clients and remembering their personal preference such as their favorite shakeResponsible for opening and closing of the studio ensuring that all necessary tasks are carried out
- Work with team members across departments, including instructors, facilities, to ensure efficiency in delivering an exceptional customer experience, maintaining a clean space and creating a welcoming, positive atmosphere
- Take initiative and be proactive in handling complex client inquiries and delivering custom solutions to meet individual client needs
- Maintain product knowledge for all studio retail operations and marketing initiatives
- Guide clients with regards to studio offerings, promotions, and special events
- Assisting new clients, showing them around and helping with any queries
- Assist studio management with daily studio tasks and other projects as necessary.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have at least 3 days of availability, with at least one of those days being a Saturday or Sunday.
- Strong hospitality skills with knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive and cooperative long-term interpersonal relationships with clients, peers, and supervisors.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a time-sensitive manner.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to follow instructions in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with an eye for customer satisfaction and cleanliness.
- Proven dependability and reliability.
- Friendly, outgoing personality and can-do, optimistic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and behavior at all times.
- Enthusiasm for the Barry’s brand.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
- Free gym membership
- Staff retail discounts
- Flexible working
- Company social events
- Workplace pension scheme
Candidates must be at least 16 years or older to apply
This document reflects the job content at time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in the light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly.