We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s Bootcamp! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
The Manager on Duty is the first line of contact for Barry’s members. As the MOD you will provide superior customer service while assisting them in class selections, membership questions, Fuel Bar orders, and merchandise purchases. You will be excited to meet and greet our customers and be part of building a strong Barry’s community.
- Assess customer needs, maintain quality standards for services and evaluate customer satisfaction
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with clients/staff, and maintain them over time
- Deliver first class customer service at all times
- Greet, assist and check in customers
- Respond to customer questions at the studio, per phone and email
- Handle studio membership database, register new clients, receive membership payments and maintain client base
- Ensure a clean and welcoming atmosphere at all times
- Guide customers with regards to the latest studio promotions, membership discounts and/or special events
- Deliver quality protein smoothies and customer service in the Fuel Bar
- Handle pre-orders and orders on the spot
- Maintain product knowledge for all studio retail operations
- Takes a leadership position in managing and problem solving difficult and challenging studio situations such as client injuries, sound and mic issues, etc.
- Report and establish effective, clear communication with appropriate Studio Managers
- Receive inventory in Mariana Tek and via Google Sheets
- Assist the General Manager and Client Experience Director in handling client complaints
- Complete Incident Report and send to appropriate individuals
- Drive retail sales by addressing merchandising, making sure there is a full size run on the floor, communicate inventory needs to the Retail Department.
- E-mail when a VIP comes into the studio acting as their point of contact during their visit
- Keep track of broken equipment and update Manager(s)
- Check Mariana Tek for any upcoming special classes or discrepancies
- Print Signage for upcoming events and decorate the studio for scheduled events during the MOD shift
- Manage staff breaks
- Establishing and maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with clients/staff
- Drive membership sales
- Drive retail sales
- Oversee cash and POS System and Management
- Document and handle inventory
- Enforce best practices to sustain client relationships and services
Company Culture Responsibilities:
- Work to uphold Barry’s community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily.
- Represent the Barry’s brand within the studio and throughout the NC fitness community.
- Assist in participating in and enhancing the community with your studio and regional teams.
- Strong customer service skills
- Availability to work 4 to 5 shifts, one being a weekend day
- Friendly, outgoing personality and enjoy social interaction
- Exhibits enthusiasm for the studio and for the job
- Must be a patient, courteous listener, able to show empathy
- Responding to clients request with a can-do attitude
- Ability to prioritize and work within a fast-paced environment
- Have an eye for detail and care for the club’s appearance and cleanliness
- Work as a cohesive team with all Barry’s staff members to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain a professional appearance and behavior
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Passionate about fitness and training and excited to be part of the first Barry’s team in West Hollywood and part of building a strong culture!
- Candidates must be at least 18 years or older to apply
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.