We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s Bootcamp! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
Title: Regional Facilities Manager
Objective: The candidate will oversee the management, monitoring, and control of the studios, and work with the management team to ensure the studios are well-maintained and the facilities are upheld to Barry’s Bootcamp standards.
Report to: Director of Operations who works closely with the Director of Facilities
- Works with studio managers to create strategic and supportive studio facilities staff schedules.
- Assist the studio management team in the recruiting and screening process.
- Serve as the main POC for new hires’ training.
- Coordinate meetings with individual staff members to go over their individual roles, corrective action, and to address all of their concerns.
- Work alongside HR team in addressing progressive discipline.
- Monitor and coordinate proper staffing needs.
- Lead by example, managing the training process of new maintenance employees.
- Develop proper standard and ensure all studio maintenance supplies and inventory are up to company standard/needs
- Arrange to travel and visit each site at least twice a year, and/ or as needed
- Partner with Director of Facilities on projects involving capex, cost saving initiatives and other objectives within the region
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation.
- Respond to emergency requests as required; trouble shoot issues to determine cause and solution
- Report any repair issues that need professional attention to D.O.F
- Check in with studio managers & monitor emails to ensure Barry's expectations are being met
- Work closely with the Director of Facilities to bring anything outstanding during tours and inspections up to standard and as assigned
- Schedule and perform minor studio repairs, including but not limited to; locker repairs, lighting, plumbing, treadmill repairs, painting, washer and dryer troubleshooting, and other facility repairs.
- Assist facilities team by working maintenance shifts - cleaning studio floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming – as back up, when needed
- Special projects and assignments, as is necessary
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Order what is necessary to ensure proper parts are in stock, and that broken parts are shipped back promptly.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance and schedule deep cleaning accordingly for each studio.
- Assist with treadmill repair at LA-area studios when needed.
Company Culture Responsibilities
- Work to uphold Barry’s community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily.
- Represent the Barry’s brand within the studio and throughout the LA fitness community.
- Assist in participating in and enhancing the community with your studio and regional teams.
- Minimum 3 years as a facility maintenance manager or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong technical aptitude and follow through
- Knowledge of facilities upkeep
- Electrical and/or plumbing licenses a plus
- Must have written and oral communication skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and directions
- Ability to stand, crawl, walk, push, pull and lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.