We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
The Director of Operations for San Francisco will oversee and manage studio leadership, business performance, growth, optimization, and strategy, scheduling, and facilities maintenance for all Barry's locations in the Bay area.
Studio Leadership and Management
- Serve as the day-to-day leader for all studio teams in the San Francisco portfolio, leading by example and in alignment with our mission, vision, and values, and accountable for their overall business performance.
- Spend regular time in all Bay area studios as needed, showcasing best of brand skills and mentoring staff at all-levels and in all departments.
- Partner with the VP of Operations to manage the pipeline of potential managers and raise engagement from talented team members.
- Oversee the training and development of all team members.
- Partner with the VP of Operations and the People and Culture team on personnel issues that arise.
- Partner with the San Francisco Curriculum team to cultivate strong working relationships between management and instructors.
- Partner with marketing and the strategic insights teams on the development and execution of studio growth plans.
- Manage the growth and performance of all managers within the region.
- Assist managers in making hires for their studio teams.
- Assist the Client Experience team with client issues as they arise, while formulating and implementing solutions for systemic issues.
Performance, Scheduling, and Optimization
- Partner with the VP of Operations and Finance team to audit the performance of studios monthly, and collaborate to drive improvement where needed.
- Partner with the finance team and VP of Operations to oversee the schedule for the region, and hold managers accountable to targets.
- Partner with the Executive Team to review performance of the portfolio across studios and functions, and implement needed changes and solutions as they arise.
- Help managers solve problems related to staff schedules.
- Provide insights and feedback on needed changes, and look for optimization where possible.
- Partner with the Director of Facilities in building a high performing facilities management team for the Bay area.
- Partner with the Facilities Team to maintain studios, facilities, and treadmills to premium brand standard.
- Partner with the Development team on any capital expenditure projects and renovations as needed.
New Studio Openings
- Assist with the opening of new studios in the region and nationally as needed, including recruiting, training, set up, and quality control post open.
- Work to uphold Barry’s community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily.
- Represent the Barry’s brand within the region and the local fitness community.
- Lead studio teams in participating in and enhancing the community within the region.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience in multi-unit operations and management; experience in the hospitality, retail, or food and beverage industries preferred.
- Strong communication, delegation, time management, and leadership skills.
- Experience developing, coaching, and mentoring diverse management teams.
- Proven ability to multi-task and communicate across departments.
- Strong negotiation, mediation, and problem-solving skills
- Innovative thinking and creative mind; ability to think beyond the status quo with entrepreneurial motivation.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service, etc.).
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Understanding of the fitness space and overall health and wellness industries.
- Passion for the Barry's brand.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun.