We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, citizenship or immigration status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
Barry's is looking for absolute superstar instructors that can inspire, motivate, and energize clients. We expect you to have a strong personality, since you’ll be given freedom to set your own mark on the workout through workout design, choice of music, and general style of teaching.
- Deliver first class training to customers while maintaining the distinct Barry’s aesthetic, atmosphere, and culture.
- Inspire and energize clients and provide superior customer service at all times, inside and outside class.
- Act as a Barry’s ambassador, inside and outside class.
- Instructor or personal training certification and experience from leading group training or working as a personal trainer.
- Experience teaching a dynamic music driven cycling class in a group setting.
- Availability for non-traditional hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Friendly, outgoing, and perceptive personality with a strong sense of integrity and self-confidence.
- Energizing, positive, and optimistic attitude.
- Passion for fitness and helping others ready their goals.
- Enthusiasm for the Barry’s brand.
- Proven dependability and reliability.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a desire to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun. Our fitness classes alternate between working out with weights and running on a treadmill. Each day focuses on a different muscle group in order to achieve real results and to prevent injuries. Our program is designed to tone muscle and maximize fat loss, while spiking the metabolism for up to 48 hours following the class.
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.
The hourly rate or for this position is between $19.20-$34.57 per hour, depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate. Disclaimer: class rates could be more than standard hourly rate due to instructor incentive plan.
Subject to your meeting the requirements for eligibility and participation under each program, you will be eligible to participate in Barry’s comprehensive benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance, and; life and AD&D insurance
The hourly rate, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.