We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
The General Manager serves as the leader of their single Barry’s studio, and is responsible for overall operation, client experience, people management, and performance. A successful candidate in the General Manager role is passionate about health and wellness, loves to lead alongside a team, is able to work with teams locally and remotely, and thrives in a fast-paced people-filled setting.
- Oversee daily studio operations and studio management teams, including Front Desk, FuelBar, Retail, and Facilities operations.
- Manage and drive studio performance, work strategically to assess and meet all key studio, retail, and FuelBar business performance metrics, and make appropriate, informed business decisions.
- Oversee all labor schedules to ensure proper coverage and alignment with budgeted hours.
- Conduct regular inspections of all studio spaces and manage projects to ensure facilities are clean and updated, working with local and corporate leadership on quick execution of facilities initiatives and repairs.
- Maintain a working presence in studios, covering studio management shifts as needed to showcase the best of brand skills and mentor employees as well as other managers.
- Assist with new studio openings when necessary.
- Manage communications with and between supervisors, peers, and subordinates regarding studio needs to ensure that all departments are properly supported and supplied at all times.
- In partnership with other studio management, recruit, screen, and onboard new employees across all departments.
- Analyze the level of training conducted across the studio and its departments to ensure that all team members are consistent and proficient in Barry’s hospitality standards.
- Coach a team of motivated employees, conduct regular performance reviews, and work with the People and Culture (HR) Department to address personnel concerns or issues.
- Partner with the Director of Operations to assist with sourcing and hiring new management candidates, develop a pipeline of potential talent for long-term growth, and raise engagement from skilled team members.
Community Marketing and Studio Dynamics
- Partner with the local and corporate marketing team on ideating and implementing new brand initiatives with positive impact for clients and employees.
- Partner with the local and corporate marketing team on a client and corporate acquisition strategy for the studio, adjusting as necessary.
- Work with leadership to create and maintain a unified culture as well as a high level of staff engagement throughout the studio.
- Work to uphold Barry’s community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily.
- Represent the Barry’s brand within the studio and throughout the local fitness community.
- Participate in enhancing the community with your studio and regional teams.
- 3-5 years of fitness management or relevant related experience (hospitality, retail, food/beverage, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, or equivalent experience.
- Financial acumen and the ability to understand, consider, and assess the financial impact of decisions.
- Availability for full-time work during non-traditional hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to train, lead, motivate, and delegate to a team of employees.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with different personality types as well as other departments, vendors, and clients.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with an eye for customer satisfaction.
- Strong negotiation, mediation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven dependability and reliability.
- Friendly, outgoing personality and can-do, optimistic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and behavior at all times.
- Enthusiasm for the Barry’s brand.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the World ®™. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity workout that’s as effective as it is fun. Our fitness classes alternate between working out with weights and running on a treadmill. Each day focuses on a different muscle group in order to achieve real results and to prevent injuries. Our program is designed to tone muscle and maximize fat loss, while spiking the metabolism for up to 48 hours following the class.
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.