We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
Barry's is hiring for a forward-thinking Lead Copywriter to join the content team. The right candidate is interested in elevating the brand and will provide creative copy to help promote the company online, in emails, through social media channels, and through other marketing assets. You should be extremely detail-oriented, versatile, and self-driven. As an essential part of the brand team, the candidate will manage and deliver on our goals and objectives by having the ability to capture Barry's voice and tone while understanding our audience.
This role requires an excellent communicator and leader. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to think on their toes as well as meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Develop new written content for a variety of channels including email, web, social media, and digital advertisements.
- Write compelling and exciting copy that captures our audience's attention on all social media platforms, especially Instagram and Twitter.
- Define, develop, and curate the Barry's brand across all platforms.
- Work closely with the brand and creative team to make fresh, on trend, innovative material on a daily basis.
- Advise on improving content across all platforms and departments.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of all copy and retrieve any missing information.
- Establish brand consistency in copy that is posted on all communication platforms.
- Handle projects requiring more specific and detailed copy creation, especially when working with content, editorials, and partner collaborations.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a similar field, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- 4+ years’ experience of copywriting or related communications experience required.
- Portfolio of work containing short and long-form content (e.g. content written for the web, whitepapers, and/or blog postings).
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, adapt with quickly changing priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Work in a productive and effective manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing, grammatical, and proofreading skills with a knack for creativity.
- Ability to judge creative concepts and copy, and clearly communicate creative direction to others.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and dependable.
- An interest/familiarity with fashion and e-commerce.
- A passion for the Barry’s brand.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun.