POSITION: Cleaning/Facilities Team Member
DEPARTMENT: Back of House
RESPONSIBLE TO: Facilities Supervisor
BARRY’S - The Best Workout in the World
Barry's is the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that's as effective as it is fun! Our mission and our goal is very simple. To ensure that our clients experience is the best part of their day. Our family look to inspire, motivate, support and most importantly build a community who share the same vision of health, fitness and wellbeing.
Here at Barry’s, we practice what we preach. We are a community dedicated to working (out) hard and having fun. We love a challenge, and spend every day continuing to innovate.
Mission accepted? Join the HUSTLE.
The general role for Cleaner is to not only carry out the jobs and tasks at hand in a timely manner but also to be the face of Barry's. One of the main attributes a Cleaner needs to have is a friendly, fun, positive can do attitude towards the job.
- Live and Breath our Barry's Culture and Values
- Ensure the changing room & toilet areas are checked regularly as per cleaning schedule, paying particular attention to restocking e.g. soaps & toilet rolls and shower areas e.g. floors, tiles and cubicle doors
- Use chemicals safely and effectively as trained, using the correct chemicals for each job as per the cleaning schedule
- Attend training as required
- Use all cleaning equipment and machinery effectively as trained, using the correct equipment for each job as per the cleaning schedule
- Ensure COVID - 19 protocols are followed and adhered to at all times
- Check all areas of the studio regularly as per cleaning schedule and complete tasks as found using own initiative to prioritise the more urgent jobs that affect the members most
- Ensure that clients receive an efficient, friendly, consistent and personalised service and all areas of the Studio are at the highest levels of cleanliness
- Maintain standards of cleanliness, personal appearance and hygiene in line with both Company and legal requirements
- Ensure any equipment faults, failure or maintenance issues are identified and reported to the Cleaner Supervisor or Studio Manager, as soon as discovered
- Ensure you follow all health and safety regulations as trained, comply with legal & club requirements and that rules are observed by yourself, team members, members and guests to well-being when using the club
- Attend regular cleaning update training to cover products, chemicals, equipment and health and safety issues
- £10.75 per hour
- Free gym membership
- Staff retail discounts
- Flexible working
- Company social events
- Workplace pension scheme
- Discretionary discounts on English lessons
- Valid Right to Work Documentation
- Flexibility to working pattern! - Early Starts, Late finishes and Weekend Work.
- The ability to prioritise within a fast-paced environment
- The role requires assistance with Studio Deliveries so must be able to complete our Health and Safety training, including manual handling.
- Be able to stand for sustained periods of time
Cleaning Experience is desired however full training will be provided.
This description reflects the job content at time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in the light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Barry’s reserves the right to change these terms and conditions as necessary, with due notice. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly.
We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s Bootcamp! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, religion of belief, sex, age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity.