We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, citizenship or immigration status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
The Technical Moderator will work as part of the Production team at Barry’s Live Digital Studio in NY. They will have the responsibility of engaging with clients throughout live streamed classes, helping them navigate through any technical issues, whilst also ensuring the class runs smoothly. The moderator will also operate technical studio equipment during livestreams, ensuring the product is delivered within the set parameters. A successful candidate in the role is passionate about health, wellness, and hospitality, loves to work alongside a team, thrives in a fast-paced setting, has experience working with talent, and is skilled with technology.
This is a part-time hourly position.
- Work under the direction of the Live Studio Operations Manager to ensure livestreams are seamless and delivered on time.
- Appear on-camera in live studio classes to welcome Barry’s clients and provide exceptional customer service throughout their digital experience, working to troubleshoot any technical issues and answer any questions regarding Barry’s offerings.
- Provide support to talent in studios to make their experience as turnkey as possible.
- Help to ensure facilities are well maintained, including technical equipment.
- Manage camera and audio presets through the recording of classes, reacting swiftly to situational needs.
- Develop an understanding of Barry's technical operations, requirements, and architecture, and work to troubleshoot any issues.
- Operate equipment as needed.
- Strong knowledge of MacOS.
- Basic knowledge of cameras, microphones, and production workflows.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong hospitality skills with knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a time-sensitive manner.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to follow instructions in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with an eye for customer satisfaction.
- Proven dependability and reliability.
- Friendly, outgoing personality and can-do, optimistic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and behavior at all times.
- Enthusiasm for the Barry’s brand.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
- Minimum age of 18 years.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun. Our fitness classes alternate between working out with weights and running on a treadmill. Each day focuses on a different muscle group in order to achieve real results and to prevent injuries. Our program is designed to tone muscle and maximize fat loss, while spiking the metabolism for up to 48 hours following the class.
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.
The hourly rate or for this position is $20.00 per hour, depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
Subject to your meeting the requirements for eligibility and participation under each program, you will be eligible to participate in Barry’s comprehensive benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance, and; life and AD&D insurance
The hourly rate, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.