We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s Bootcamp! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
The Treadmill Maintenance Lead is the key person responsible for the maintenance and repair of our treadmills. Our Facilities Team is essential to the operation of our fitness studios - they keep our equipment and studio clean, making sure everything is in operating order, and provide excellent customer service.
- Must have strong customer service skills, the ability to communicate effectively, and be team-oriented.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates: The candidate must provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely and efficient manner.
- While the candidate does not need to have direct experience in treadmill repair or maintenance, the candidate should have mechanical skills and some experience with general machine repair and maintenance.
- Your home studio treadmills are your responsibility. This means, if a treadmill goes down, it is your and the treadmill lead's responsibility to bring it back online in a timely manner. If additional hours are need or adjustment in days off schedule needed, we expect that flexibility
- Power cords must be kept clean, rolled up and clear from underneath the treads and belt (Only Use Velcro Straps to keep cords rolled)
- Outlet covers should remain closed at all times. If there is no outlet cover, or damaged report it to the Studio, Tread and Maintenance Managers via email
- Underneath treads MUST be kept clear of dust, dirt or any other debris, sweep behind and underneath each treadmill, outlets and floors wiped clean
- Clean all treadmill rails, front, back and side steps
- Check for shaky, wobbly treads. Bring all treads to incline 15 and check the stability, must be completed twice per shift
- Check the incline level on every tread via Diagnostic Mode during each extended break. Anything above 0.2 should be adjusted to 0.0
- Safety magnet checked and cleared of moister, new safety magnates available in studios
- All parts and tools must be organized and put away after use where studio keeps tread parts and tools
- Never leave tread parts and tools where they do not belong as it is your responsibility if they get lost or damaged.
- All treadmills must be aligned, AM/PM, 45/30 minute breaks and end of day.
- At the end of your shift treads should be left spotless, you are a lead
- Must report any issues/repairs to the Studio Manager or Director of Operations for proper logging and tracking purposes.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun. Our fitness classes alternate between working out with weights and running on a treadmill. Each day focuses on a different muscle group in order to achieve real results and to prevent injuries. Our program is designed to tone muscle and maximize fat loss while spiking the metabolism for up to 48 hours following the class.
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.