We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s Bootcamp! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
The Studio Manager is accountable for the day-to-day operations of the studio, maintaining the overall experience for clients, as well as supervising staff, and ensuring multiple departments run smoothly. The Studio Manager is the central hub of the studio, assuring all pieces are accounted for and connected. They work in partnership with other managers as well as the corporate team, to ensure consistency and targets are met. A successful candidate in the Studio Manager role is passionate about health and wellness, loves to lead alongside a team, is able to work with teams locally and remotely, and thrives in a fast-paced people-filled setting.
Sales and Retail Management
- Drive sales for class packages, memberships, and retail in the studio, through knowledge and overall client experience, to assist in hitting attendance goals and monthly targets.
- Work with the Community Marketing team on cultivating new clients and opportunities specific to the neighborhood and demographic of the studio.
- Analyze attendance at the studio and region-level weekly, and bring any insights and suggestions to the Leadership, Marketing, and / or Curriculum teams.
- Lead the studio team in product knowledge and motivation to help meet and exceed retail goals, and work with Retail Department to locate merchandise for clients, ensure full size runs of items are available, and update displays.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with staff to establish leadership inside the studio and foster a work environment that promotes teamwork, cohesiveness among departments, and effective communication.
- Monitor work quality of Front Desk, Fuel Bar, and Facilities departments to ensure that they are meeting Barry’s standards of experience, hospitality, and customer service.
- Assist employees engaging in product and retail sales, customer service, inventory, and other special projects with difficult or complicated transactions as well as inquiries.
- Oversee recruitment, screening, onboarding, and training of new employees.
- Coach a team of motivated employees, conduct regular performance reviews, and work with the People and Culture (HR) Department to address personnel concerns or issues.
- Enforce studio policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Oversee labor schedules to maximize usage and efficiency, while ensuring adequate coverage during peak times and special events.
- Represent the best of brand in living the Barry’s values, and acting in alignment with the mission and vision, in the studio and broader local community.
- Oversee execution of first timer initiative and protocol, when on shift and not, and be accountable to studio’s first timer conversion.
- Oversee milestone, loyalty, and surprise and delight program implementation and execution in studio, celebrating special events with regularity.
- Plan and execute private and special events.
- Partner with larger national Experience Team to implement new learnings, initiatives, programs, and standard operating procedures in studio.
- Communicate any studio maintenance or construction needs interfering with client experience to leadership and help oversee proper and prompt fixing.
- Manage daily studio accounting and cash flow needs.
- Manage inventory stock and reorders.
- Work to uphold Barry’s community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily.
- Represent the Barry’s brand within the studio and throughout the local fitness community.
- Participate in enhancing the community with your studio and regional teams.
- 2+ years of fitness management or relevant related experience (hospitality, retail, food/beverage, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, or equivalent experience.
- Availability for full-time work during non-traditional hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to train, lead, motivate, and delegate to a team of employees.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with different personality types as well as other departments, vendors, and clients.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with an eye for customer satisfaction.
- Proven dependability and reliability.
- Friendly, outgoing personality and can-do, optimistic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and behavior at all times.
- Enthusiasm for the Barry’s brand.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun. Our fitness classes alternate between working out with weights and running on a treadmill. Each day focuses on a different muscle group in order to achieve real results and to prevent injuries. Our program is designed to tone muscle and maximize fat loss, while spiking the metabolism for up to 48 hours following the class.
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.