We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
Front Desk team members are the first line of contact at all Barry’s studios. As such, they are well-versed in all aspects of our fitness program and business. Front Desk team members are key to providing superior customer service and assisting clients with class selections, bookings, and questions; FuelBar orders; and merchandise purchases. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, reliable, team-oriented, and forward-thinking problem-solvers with outgoing interpersonal skills, a love for health, an excitement for our brand, and the desire to be a part of building a stronger Barry’s community.
Front Desk Responsibilities:
- Client Experience: Understanding of hospitality principles & processes and ability to executed as part of the Barry's Client Experience
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships: The candidate must develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with clients/staff, and maintain them over time.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers: The candidate must provide information to supervisors and co-workers, by telephone, in written form, e-mail, text, or in person in a timely and efficient manner.
- Deliver first class client experience at all times
- Greet, assist and check in clients
- Respond to client’s questions at the studio, per phone, Brandbot and email
- Handle studio membership database, register new clients, receive membership payments and maintain client base
- Ensure a clean and welcoming atmosphere at all times by assisting in studio cleaning, restocking, and upkeep as needed
- Guide clients with regards to the latest studio promotions, membership discounts and/or special events
- Maintain product knowledge for all studio retail operations
- Have flexibility with schedule, having the ability to work weekends, holidays, morning or night shifts
Fuel Bar Responsibilities:
- Deliver quality protein smoothies and customer service in the Fuel Bar
- Handle pre-orders and orders on the spot, custom to each client’s needs
- Assist clients with questions and product selection.
- Complete clients orders in a timely manner utilizing a POS transaction
- Maintain fuel bar department areas clean and sanitized.
- Follow departmental procedures for safety, proper food handling, and sanitation according to local, state, and federal health code regulations.
- Properly rotate merchandise in refrigerated coolers and department tables, paying special attention to spoiling goods according to company policy
- Prepare various fuel bar goods following company recipes
Employees in this position:
- Responsible for supporting and participating in the execution of studio operations and functions within the studio.
The following skills and abilities are necessary to carry out the above listed essential job duties of this position:
- Ability to work a full-time schedule of an average of at least 32 hours per week, 5 days per week or part-time schedule of an average of at least 2 days per week.
- Ability to maintain regular, consistent and reliable attendance in the workplace.
- Ability to routinely and consistently sit, stand, bend, reach, lift, push, pull 50 pounds, and to type, speak, read and write for as much as 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Ability to perform work on/using a telephone/computer for as much as 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Ability to read, speak, write effectively communicate verbally in writing in English with coworkers, clients and/or vendors.
- Ability to think creatively and be responsive on a timely basis to both predictable and unpredictable workplace issues.
- Ability effectively work as part of a team.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Availability for two to five shifts, one being a weekend day.
- Friendly, outgoing personality and enjoy social interaction.
- Exhibits enthusiasm for the studio and for the job.
- Must be a patient, courteous listener, able to show empathy.
- Responding to clients request with a can-do attitude.
- Cooperative manner with an optimistic attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and work within a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional cleaning skills and a clear understanding of what constitutes a sanitary environment.
- Have an eye for detail and care for the studio’s appearance and cleanliness.
- Work as a cohesive team with all Barry’s staff members to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain a professional appearance and behavior.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years or older to apply.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the World ®™. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity workout that’s as effective as it is fun. Our fitness classes alternate between working out with weights and running on a treadmill. Each day focuses on a different muscle group in order to achieve real results and to prevent injuries. Our program is designed to tone muscle and maximize fat loss, while spiking the metabolism for up to 48 hours following the class.
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.