We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, citizenship or immigration status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
As a Manager on Duty, you’ll be the first line of contact for Barry’s members. Key is to provide superior customer service while assisting them in class selections, membership questions, Fuel Bar orders and merchandise purchases. We expect you to be excited about meeting and greeting our customers and be part of building a strong Barry’s community.
- Assess customer needs, maintain quality standards for services, and evaluate customer satisfaction
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with clients/staff, and maintain them over time
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely and efficient manner
- Deliver first class customer service at all times
- Greet, assist and check in customers
- Respond to customer questions at the studio, per phone and email
- Handle studio membership database, register new clients, receive membership payments and maintain client base
- Ensure a clean and welcoming atmosphere at all times
- Guide customers with regards to the latest studio promotions, membership discounts and/or special events
- Deliver quality protein smoothies and customer service in the Fuel Bar
- Handle pre-orders and orders on the spot
- Custom to each customer’s needs
- Maintain product knowledge for all studio retail operations
- Have flexibility with schedule, having the ability to work weekends, holidays, morning or night shifts
Company Culture Responsibilities:
- Work to uphold Barry’s community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily.
- Represent the Barry’s brand within the studio and throughout the MA fitness community.
- Assist in participating in and enhancing the community with your studio and regional teams.
- Strong customer service skills
- Availability to work 4 to 5 shifts, one being a weekend day
- Friendly, outgoing personality and enjoy social interaction
- Exhibits enthusiasm for the studio and for the job
- Must be a patient, courteous listener, able to show empathy
- Responding to clients request with a can-do attitude
- Cooperative manner with an optimistic attitude
- Ability to prioritize and work within a fast-paced environment
- Have an eye for detail and care for the club’s appearance and cleanliness
- Work as a cohesive team with all Barry’s staff members to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain a professional appearance and behavior
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Candidates must be at least 18 years or older to apply
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.
The hourly rate or for this position is between $17.00-$20.00 per hour, depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
Subject to your meeting the requirements for eligibility and participation under each program, you will be eligible to participate in Barry’s comprehensive benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance, and; life and AD&D insurance
The hourly rate, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.