We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department ([email protected] or 323-673-0222).
Our Facilities Team is essential to the operation of our fitness studio - they keep our equipment and studio clean and inviting for guests, make sure everything is in operating order, and provide excellent customer service. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, reliable, and team-oriented professionals with exceptional communication and time-management skills.
- Prepare studio spaces before, after, and in-between classes by cleaning exercise equipment, sweeping, mopping and/or vacuuming floors, and wiping mirrors.
- Regular deep cleaning, organization, and service of common areas, including the lobby space, FuelBar, retail shelves, locker rooms, hallways, and storage areas.
- Assist with the repair of Woodway treadmills and other fitness equipment.
- Conduct small studio fixes in all facilities spaces.
- Laundry services, including collecting, washing, and folding towels.
- Adhere to daily and weekly cleaning and maintenance checklists.
- Communicate any facilities issues to the management team.
- Conversational English is required
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays. Part-time employees must have at least 3 days of availability, with at least one of those days being a Saturday or Sunday.
- Experience in or desire to learn about facilities management and maintenance.
- Exceptional cleaning skills and a clear understanding of what constitutes a sanitary environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a time-sensitive manner with supervisors, peers, subordinates, and clients.
- Ability to follow instructions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented mindset.
- Proven dependability and reliability.
- Friendly and personable attitude.
- Prior experience working with hand tools a plus.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
- Minimum age of 18 years.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the World ®™. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity workout that’s as effective as it is fun.